Blog Photo

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them- November 4, 2010

Day 19 and now we have to come clean with nicknames that we have and why we have them... It is funny that I can't really say that I have a lot of nicknames currently...
Growing up I had several... One was Sunny and I think it came from just being light and happy most of the time... Then there was Ice Princess when I was in high school. I think it had to do with me being kind of a prude.. I am not quite sure. I graduated to Vanilla, which was the opposite of my best friend whose nickname was Chocolate and that stemmed from my fairness and her dark hair and beautiful olive complexion. We were always joined at the hip and on those rare occasions when we were apart people would always ask us, "where's Chocolate?" or "where's Vanilla???". From there, I somehow had acquired the nickname Zena from a guy friend that frequented a drinking establishment that I worked in. Then, of course there are the really important ones that I have earned such as Mom, Mommy, Mama, etc...:))) My grandmother had some wonderful Swedish nicknames that she had bestowed upon me such as Solstral, which means sun ray and of course my dear ol' Daddy who has called me Ziggy for as long as I can remember and my beloved Mommy who calls me Siggan with a Swedish twist!
I love them all and consider myself fortunate to have people in my life who felt endeared enough to me to give me a loving nickname to honor theirs and my connection.
Hope your night is peaceful... Sigrid

No comments:

Post a Comment